L-Tryptophan helps raise serotonin levels in the brain, leading to better sleep, less anxiety, higher emotional resilience, more relaxation, and better mood. It can be taken in a lower dose during the day, if needed for these effects (a single capsule).
I've also used Source Naturals L-Tryptophan 500mg, 120 Capsules with great success, but I actually think NOW's brand works just a bit better for me (I sleep a little deeper). Costs a bit more, but worth it--enthusiastically recommended!
P.S. Anyone on any type of antidepressant medications MUST talk to their doctor before taking tryptophan. Also, exercise caution if you're taking St. Johns Wort--Google "Serotonin syndrome" for more info. Always thoroughly research your supplements for possible interactions before taking anything. Sweet dreams!I can't praise this L-Tryptophan highly enough. I've been on and off of prescription anti-depressants my entire adult life, but for the first time I feel as though my brain chemistry is actually "normal." I feel happy and WELL for the very first time. I even have NATURAL energy versus needing to turn to caffeine all day.
If you suffer from depression, I HIGHLY recommend that you try this and also get Julia Ross's "The Mood Cure." In it she explains why most depression sufferers benefit from this amino as well as many of the others, like GABA and DLPA. Since beginning a regimen of the three--and L-Tyrosine--I've felt better than ever.
Buy Now Foods L-Tryptophan Now
I have various sleep issues including Restless Leg Syndrome... not to mention a lot of stress this past year with a divorce, death of a parent, new jobs, money etc. Because of my RLS, I do not have a shortage of sleep meds. But sometimes with the stress, my brain STILL doesn't shut down and I still have problems sleeping. If I take 3 capsules of this at bed time -I'm taken into a comfortable sleep. Even better, the next morning, I don't wake up feeling like I still have a lot of sleep meds in my system so that I basically become a walking (or worse... driving) zombie.I also give this to my adolescent/teen-age boys who also will often have problems sleeping that are related to hormones. This helps them a lot.
They do not like taking this product, truthfully because the pills are so darn big! I tried the powder form but that did not dissolve in a glass very well. But even my kids, despite not liking to swallow a horse pill will find they are able to sleep better.
In short -this is a great item to keep on hand if you have issues sleeping. Just be aware that if you have problems swallowing large pills, you may have issues with this -in which case, cut open the capsule, sprinkle the powder in applesauce and eat it that way.
[NCJAR]
Read Best Reviews of Now Foods L-Tryptophan Here
I have not been able to find L-Tryptophan at my local pharmacy so I normally order it from online. Amazon seems to currently have the best deal on this particular supplement, precisely the "Now" brand. The bottle comes with 2 seals. First there is an outer plastic ring around the cap that must be peeled off before the bottle can be opened. Then there is a plastic/paper seal over the bottle opening under the cap that must be removed. This is a nice touch, seems very secure.As far as the effectiveness goes I cant really say. I dont notice this supplement making me feel as sleepy as melatonin does, or sleepy at all in fact. So if you are looking for a natural non-addictive sleep aid I would recommend melatonin. But I have read good things about it when combined with other supplements/medications, which effects might be difficult to measure in yourself. But if your looking for affordable L-Tryptophan I am happy with this purchase.
[Its always a good idea to check with your doctor before you start taking any supplements or vitamins!] As the other review said, this doesn't make you go to sleep. This is more for relaxing and removing the days stress. I use it at night to help me unwind so I will get a good night rest. Now's products are more pure so they don't have all of the fillers, preservatives and dyes. The do not have soy, wheat, gluten in them. I have used melatonin with the tryptophan for a great nights sleep.


0 comments:
Post a Comment